Mistolar.net
The unique and developing history
of the Nivaclé communities
descending from Mistolar
Your Subtitle text
Comments
All are welcome to add comments to this page, using the guestbook form at the bottom.

Please email admin@mistolar.net with any questions or feedback, or to report problems with the site.

Showing: 1-13 of 13
Armindo arenas Ortiz said:   July 21, 2015 3:13 pm PST
es un milagro que los antepasados recibieron los misioneros . que historia tiene ellos . les felicito a ellos por que para que los nuevos pueden progresar mucho como los antepasados estoy feliz por ellos son mis abuelos abuelitas le extraño mucho a ellos/as ..? Saludos Soy Elder Arenas Desde Argentina Mision Rosario Barrio San Nicolas Sur...?

Preston Alder said:   November 30, 2014 5:35 pm PST
My name is Preston Alder I served my mission in the Paraguay Asuncion North Mission from 2011-2013. I have returned and am working as an intern in Paraguay for 4 months. My ex-companion Elder Colton Gardner and I have been working with the Nivacle people in Abundancia for the last 3 months and the experience has been incredible. We are working hand in hand with church leaders (Elder Gonzalez and Elder Gay of the 70) to help Abundancia progress physically as well as Spiritually. Please, if you have any plans to reach out or to help these people, contact me: preston.alder1@gmail.com. I would be more than willing to share my experience and put you into contact with people who can be of assistance.

Luis Benites said:   March 7, 2014 2:37 pm PST
Hello¡¡¡¡¡ my name is Luis i´m fom Perú, and i´m going to tell you that my comp and me epened the área of Abundancia as regular missionaries living there, i returned from my missión 5 months ago, and i have some pictures of this nice people, and also we gave the classes of missional preparation and help to prepare 4 young to go to the mission.

Horacio Garcia said:   February 14, 2014 10:34 am PST
Hola lindo sitio, hoy en dia nuevamente hay misioneros en Abundancia, ademas de estar funcionando las ramas en Mistolar, Neuland y Filadelfia.

Patricia Rodriguez Totterer said:   July 24, 2013 1:14 am PST
My name is patricia rodriguez totterer from Uruguay, living in the US. I served a mission in Paraguay in 1983/84. My heart warmed up upon seeing a picture of elder Cafiero. He served in one of my areas before being called as a regular missionary. We worked to help him learn Spanish and English. Please if you have a way to communicate with him feel free to pass on my email. Beautiful, beautiful page. Happy Pioneers Day!

David Mack said:   March 18, 2013 7:27 pm PST
Thank you so much for your website! Words can not express my gratitude for the photos and the experiences shared! I served a mission in the outskirts of Asunción ('96-'98) and I also served in the incredible city of Pilar (southern Paraguay across the river from Argentina)! I still drink terere and Paraguay is forever in my heart! Long live Paraguay!!!

Hermana Weipert said:   November 4, 2011 6:28 pm PST
Thank you so very much for the wonderful pictures. I love Mistolar and La Abundancia! My husband and I loved traveling to these beautiful parts of Paraguay. It was always an adventure. It is good to see Pres. Rios playing soccer. I know we would have been lost if he had not always traveled with us!

Richard Powell said:   October 29, 2011 1:22 pm PST
Thank you for this site. I especially enjoyed the photos and videos. I served as a missionary in Mistolar in 83 and 84. I still remember the flooding that took place during that time, as we made a hasty escape.

Victor Emilio Aquino said:   January 3, 2011 5:37 pm PST
I had the great pleasure of working with the brothers and sisters of Mistolar from its beginning, since the historic baptism on December 4, 1980, up until the foundation of Abundancia, sharing in the many blessings and sometimes hard trials of these stoic, humble and devout believers in the living word. So it will be a privilege for me to be hear any news of these brothers and sisters.

Victor Emilio Aquino said:   January 3, 2011 5:36 pm PST
Tuve el gran placer de trabajar con los hermanos tanto de Mistolar desde sus inicios, desde el gran acto de bautismo el 4 de diciembre de 1.980, hasta la fundacion de Abundancia, participando de las muchisimas bendiciones y a veces durisimas pruebas de estos estoicos, humildes y devotos creyentes de la palabra viva. Asi es que sera un privilegio para mi estar al tanto de las noticias de estos hermanos.

Marcy Hansen said:   December 8, 2010 8:12 pm PST
Thank-you for this website. My son is serving a mission currently for the LDS Church and is in this area. He lives in Filadelfia but talks about Nueland and the Nivacle people all the time. It wonderful for me to see where he is serving and learn of the people he has come to love.

Marla Fawcett Thomas said:   September 18, 2010 10:21 am PST
Thank you for this web site. My uncle is President Gerald Bradford Quinn. I happened upon this site while working on my Family History. All of the extended family has heard how much he and his family loved the Paraguay Mission. It was a hard time for them. One of their sons developed leukemia while they were serving. President Quinn was not able to stay there the whole 3 years. He was transferred as mission president in the Texas San Antonio Mission. But, the missionary work and progress in Paraguay was of utmost importance to him. His son, Robroy, has married and has a family he is raising. He was able to overcome his leukemia.

Edgardo Borba said:   April 27, 2009 12:49 pm PST
Estimados amigos.....que bueno el articulo e historia de elder Kendell Hellewell, la verdad que me senti tan identificado, y ver esos registros fotograficos de toda la historia de esa gran creciente del rio que hubo, y todo lo que pasaron los hermanos de alli!! Escuche muchas veces de parte de los hermanos de alli todo esto que elder Hellewell menciona........que experiencia maravillosa.....Que bendecidos que fuimos a pesar de las delicadas y dificiles situaciones que vivimos!! Cuan agradecido me siento por ser parte de esa historia, algun dia me pondre a preparar mi historia para enviarla, un abrazo a todos los "chaco chicos" de siempre. Un pacum a todos! Edgardo (Esteemed friends.....what a great article and history by Elder Kendell Hellewell, I was able to relate so well, and to see those photographic records of the whole history and the great flooding of the river that took place, and all that the members went through there!! I heard many times from the members there all that Elder Hellewell mentions........what a marvelous experience.....How blessed we were in spite of the touchy and difficult situations we lived through!! How grateful I am to be part of that history, one day I'll get my history ready to send, an abrazo for all the "chaco chicos" always. Bye all!)

Sign My Guest Book